Women's Bottoms Designer (San Francisco, CA)
Reply to: see below
Date: 2009-04-17, 5:16AM PDT
Research, design and develop seasonal product that consistently delivers the corporate brand strategy.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is located in Bellevue, WA (Seattle Area) [where we need better women's bottoms, apparently]
Core Accountabilities [not sure that's a word...]:
· Research, design and development execution that meets or exceeds corporate margin goals
· Strict adherence to the milestones and deadlines of the critical path calendar [good god not the critical path calendar - that's the one with the critical paths... on a calendar... that are critical!!!]
· Design and develop best quality products
· Research, interpret, validate and apply market trends that drive brand strategy
· Dual accountability with Technical Designer for developing, updating, maintaining the accuracy of design spec packs through pre-production within proto sampling process
· Develop technical sketches for new products that adhere to design brief within spec package by product and classification [I've got your spec package right here]
· Manage & coach team of Assistant or Associate Designer [team of designer. ok]
· Contribute to the evolution of fit blocks by category
· Review all prototype samples for accurate construction, silhouette, fit and trim details
· Partner with Development team and Design Director to determine seasonal fabrics that meet design brief expectations
· Attend product fittings and provide input to maintain design integrity
· Deliver confident and influential product presentations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· 2 year apparel design degree or equivalent experience
· 5-8 years of successful product design experience in Women's Bottoms [isn't this a blatant HR violation?]
· Ability to sketch in Adobe Illustrator
· Proficiency in Word and Excel
· Outdoor/active market experience with a personal passion for the living the outdoor lifestyle
· Working knowledge of WebPDM spec package system
WHAT DO WE DO? Eddie Bauer is a specialty retailer that sells high quality casual apparel and accessories for the modern outdoor lifestyle. Our brand is authentic. It is named after our founder, Eddie Bauer. This heritage provides the company with the foundation for the brand: a love for the outdoors [and women's bottoms], quality you can trust, passionate product design, great customer service, a spirit of innovation, and creative marketing.
WHY EDDIE BAUER? We believe that people [and women's bottoms] are the foundation of our business. Our culture is unique; our values encourage focusing on customers, women's bottoms, quality, curiosity, passion, teamwork, integrity, straight talk [express!] / listening and results. Our teams possess a great sense of pride and energy. Eddie Bauer's Associates know they make a difference [in women's bottoms]!
WHAT WE OFFER! Eddie Bauer offers a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, product discount and an industry leading relocation program.
We will personally contact applicants qualified for an interview. No phone calls please.
Eddie Bauer is committed to equal opportunity employment [and the betterment of women's bottoms everywhere].
To Apply for this position, please CLICK HERE
[click here? oy. web 1993]
* Location: San Francisco, CA [liars - you already said "PLEASE NOTE: This position is located in Bellevue, WA (Seattle Area)" - it's uncool to lie in your job posting]
* Compensation: Competitive
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this woman's bottom.
* Please, no phone calls about this woman's bottom!
* Please do not contact woman's bottom about other services, products or commercial interests.